Heart of Iowa Educational Grant
Each Spring Heart of Iowa Communications Cooperative offers area high school seniors residing in a home with Heart of Iowa service the chance to win a $500 Scholarship to be used to continue their education at an accredited college, university or vocational-technical school of their choice. To date Heart of Iowa has awarded more than $128,000 to students in rural Central Iowa.
- Participants must submit an electronic or handwritten application to the business office of the Heart of Iowa Communications Cooperative on or before Friday, March 31, 2017 by 4:30 pm. The application must state which college or vocational school the applicant plans to attend. He/she must list all extracurricular activities he/she has been involved in during his/her high school years. This list shall include school sponsored, community and church activities.
•Parents or guardians of the educational grant applicant must have had Heart of Iowa Communications dial tone (voice) service for at least six (6) months before the date of this notification and applicant must be living with said parent or guardian in one of the Cooperative districts or Ventures exchanges listed below.
- Participants must be going on to either a two or four year-accredited college or an accredited vocational school.
- Participants must be a senior in good standing in both the school and community.
- Participants must furnish a transcript of their grades along with the application.
- If Educational Grant recipient fails to complete at least one year of school he/she must repay to the Cooperative the $500 Educational Grant they were awarded.
- All applicants must submit a head & shoulder ONLY senior photograph with their application. Photographs will not be returned
Heart of Iowa Communications Cooperative District Definitions:
- is the area served by that part of the Union/Whitten Exchange west of Highway S75 and that part of the Eldora Exchange which is west of S75 which turns into Z Ave up to the Steamboat Rock Exchange and all areas east of Highway S62 to the Eldora city limits and from east of V Ave starting at Highway 175 north to the Steamboat Rock Exchange.
- is the area within the corporate city limits of Eldora.
- is the area served by the New Providence Exchange and part of the Eldora Exchange which extends west and northwest of the corporate city limits to the exchange boundary and runs south and north of Highway 175 to the exchange boundary excluding the area within the Eldora city limits plus the Steamboat Rock Exchange.
- is the area served by the Liscomb Exchange and that part of the Conrad Exchange, which is west of Highway 14 and that part of the Union Exchange which is east of Highway S75 and that part of the Eldora Exchange which is east of Highway S75 which turns into Z Ave up to the Steamboat Rock Exchange.
- is the area served by the Albion Exchange.
- is the area served by the Green Mountain Exchange and that part of the Conrad Exchange, which is east of J Ave.and north of 320th Street and east of Highway 14.
- is area served by the Haverhill, Ferguson and Laurel Exchanges.
- is that part of the Conrad Exchange east of Highway 14 and south of 320th Street and west of J Ave.
- is the area served by the Marshalltown, LeGrand and Gladbrook Exchanges.